About the College of Law
The University of Tulsa College of Law, a private law school with a total enrollment of less than 400, offers special opportunities to JD and LLM candidates for leadership and academic excellence that few other law schools offer - opportunities that will enhance each students' legal education and professional development in a collegial atmosphere where students collaborate and faculty have a true open-door policy.
We offer each student opportunities to:
- Practice like a lawyer, applying legal knowledge in real world situations starting the first year.
- Think like a lawyer in an innovative way from faculty members who have earned degrees from top law schools in the nation and who are nationally and internationally renowned scholars in their field.
- Be a leader by actively engaging in student leadership through our Student Bar Association or 24 active student organizations ranging from Women's Law Caucus to the Public Interest Society to the Black Law Student Association.
- Participate in intra-school competitions in the first year with curricular training to develop the advocacy skills necessary to join our award winning appellate teams.
- Consult with a practicing lawyer through our Alumni Mentoring Program.
- Become involved in our local, national, and international communities to serve those underrepresented through our Pro Bono Program.
- Participate in one of our two clinical programs and three law journals.
- Develop a curricular concentration in Energy and Environmental Law, Health Law, Comparative and International Law, Public Interest Law, Native American Law, and Entrepreneurial Law
- Study abroad in Dublin, London, Geneva, Buenos Aires or Tianjin China.
- Intern for a law firm or judge through our legal and judicial internship program.
- Gain criminal law experience through our criminal defense practicum with a local federal judge.
- Be a professional and develop a life-long commitment to learning and service.