Tommy L. Holland
Professor Holland earned his J.D. from The University of Tulsa and his LL.M. from the University of Illinois. Prior to joining the College of Law in 1973, he served as legal assistant to Justice Rooney McInerney, Oklahoma Supreme Court, and was a teaching assistant at the University of Illinois College of Law. Professor Holland coauthored materials for the Uniform Commercial Code series and has written several articles on commercial law. He teaches negotiable instruments, selling and leasing goods and secured transactions. Professor Holland served as assistant, associate, and acting dean, 1976-80.
"I have six years of banking experience including three years as a National Bank Examiner for the U.S. Treasury Department Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the primary regulator of banks chartered by the federal government. My 35 years as a Professor of Law have been devoted primarily to teaching courses and doing research and writing related to my banking experience."
Education and Degrees Earned
- B.A. Friends University, 1961
- J.D. University of Tulsa College of Law 1970
- L.L.M. University of Illinois, 1976
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Secured Transactions Law (UCC Art. 9)
- Negotiable Instruments (UCC Art. 3 & 4)
Previous Teaching Experience
- Summer 1981, Visiting Professor of Law at the University of San Francisco
- Spring 1981 Visiting Professor of Law St. Mary's University of San Antonio
- Summer 1976, Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, Brigham Young University
- 1972-73, Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Illinois College of Law.
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- 1996 - 2006 Of Counsel, Nichols, Wolfe, Stamper, Nally, Fallis & Robertson, Inc.
- 1990-1991 Adjunct Settlement Judge, State of Oklahoma, Fourteenth Judicial District - Tulsa and Pawnee Counties, Settlement Conference Program
- 1971-1972 Legal Assistant to Justice Rooney McInerney, Supreme Court of Oklahoma
- 1970-1971 Attorney and Legal Intern for L. Edgar Barnes, Esq.; 1970 Student Law Clerk for Chief Judge Allen E. Barrow, United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma.
- 1997-2001 Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, The University of Tulsa College of Law (TU LAW)
- 1979-1980 Acting Dean, TU LAW
- 1977-1979 Associate Dean, TULAW
- 1976-1977 Assistant Dean, TU LAW
- 1994-1997 Director of Judicial Internships, TU LAW
- 1994-1995 Director of Legal Internships, TU LAW
- 1976-1979 Continuing Education Coordinator for Law Programs, The University of Tulsa
- American Bar Association
- ABA Section of Legal Education
- ABA Section of Business Law
- ABA Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Committee
- UCC Subcommittee on Letters of Credit
- UCC Subcomittee on Commercial Paper and Bank Deposits and Collections.
- Oklahoma Bar Association (OBA)
- OBA Financial Institutions and Commercial Law Section
- OBA Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Committee
- UCC Legislative Review Committee (This Committee reviews all proposed amendments to the UCC and drafts Oklahoma comments that are published in Oklahoma Statutes Annotated).
- Tulsa County Bar Association