Johnny C. Parker
Professor Parker earned his J.D. in 1984 from the University of Mississippi and an LL.M. in 1987 from Columbia University Law School. After teaching at North Carolina Central University Law School, Professor Parker joined the TU College of Law in 1990. His teaching and scholarly interests focus upon constitutional issues, torts, and insurance. Professor Parker teaches agency/partnership, torts, insurance, and civil rights.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Master of Laws, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, NEW YORK, NY (1986-87)
- Juris Doctorate, UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI LAW SCHOOL, OXFORD, MS (1982-84):
- UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, OXFORD, MS (1979-82):
Areas of Academic Specialty
Previous Teaching Experience
- Distinguished Visiting Professor of Law, Toledo University (2005-06)
Courses: Torts Law, Insurance Law, Advanced Torts, Civil Rights.
- Visiting Professor of Law, Toledo University Law School (Summer 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006):
Course: Torts Law.
- Visiting Professor of Law, Toledo University Law School (Summer 2002) Course: Insurance Law.
- 1993 Tulsa Law School Summer Institute in Law-Bratislava, Slovakia-Comparative Private Law Concepts in the Civil Law Tradition.
- Visiting Professor of Law, Washington & Lee University Law School (1995-1996)
Courses: Torts, Advanced Torts, Closely Held Business Associations, Insurance.
- Visiting Professor of Law, University of Mississippi Law School (Summer 1995):
- Visiting Associate Professor of Law, University of Mississippi Law School (Summer 1994):
Courses: Insurance Law, Agency/Partnership Law.
- Assistant Professor of Law, North Carolina Central University Law School (1988-1990):
Courses: Torts, Civil Rights, Secured Transactions, Business Associations.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Law, North Carolina Central University Law School (1987-1988).
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Legal Intern, New York City Public Development Corp. (1986-87).
- Staff Attorney, North Mississippi Rural Legal Services (Summer 1986).
- Assistant Director, Council on Legal Education, Southern University Law School (Summer 1985).
- Of Counsel, Owens Law Firm, (1991-1994).
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Federal Courts of Mississippi
- Magnolia Bar Association (MS Black Lawyer's Ass'n)
- North Oklahoma Black Lawyers Ass'n
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma.