TU unveils uTulsa iPhone app
Monday, May 10, 2010
The University of Tulsa has launched uTulsa, an Apple iPhone application designed to promote the university through use of new technology and communication channels.
The uTulsa iPhone application features a number of utilities for TU students, alumni, parents, Golden Hurricane fans, faculty, employees, and friends of the university to get current TU-related information, including:
- browsing TU news from across campus
- learning about campus events
- getting the latest news and scores from Golden Hurricane athletics,
- searching the TU faculty and staff directory and using the information to easily call, email or add the person to the user’s contact database
- navigating a campus map that provides real-time campus locations when using a GPS-enabled device.
The application is available for use with the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad at www.utulsa.edu/iphone or in the Apple iTunes Store.