Do you have some amazing photos from your study abroad experience? Aren’t you just dying to share them? Well, it is time for the Center for Global Education’s 9th Annual Photo Contest! We want to see what you are doing, or have done, abroad…Or here in the USA, if you are an international student! If you're eager to share your photos, have your own study abroad experience documented on posters, brochures, bookmarks, the CGE website, and any CGE marketing projects, and have the opportunity to win a prize then send in your photos to 9th annual CGE Photo Contest!
Submission Deadline has passed - look out for next year's contest!
Categories and Eligibility:
• I couldn’t do this at home! - What did you do abroad that you wouldn’t have an opportunity of doing here in the US? Use your imagination and creativity in this category. Show us the things you have done and experienced abroad. Don’t be shy if you are in the photo, we want to see you doing things abroad! All past and present TU students who have participated in a TU study abroad program are eligible to enter photos in this category.
• Oh, the places I have seen! - Photos taken during your time abroad that include landscapes, places of interest, ceremonies, excursions, cultural experiences, traditions, landmarks, etc. All past and present TU students who have participated in a TU study abroad program are eligible to enter photos in this category.
• Welcome to the USA! - Photos taken by International students studying at TU are encouraged to submit! What have you discovered? What have been your adventures? Use your imagination and share what you have seen or experienced here in the US!
- Entries must be received no later than 5pm Friday, February 28th, 2014. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All entries must be original photographs taken by the entrant or featuring the entrant while participating in a study abroad program or exchange or enrolled at TU (for international students)
- Photos must be amateur work (no professional photos will be accepted).
- Photos may be color or black and white.
- A maximum of 6 photos may be submitted per entrant.
- A student may only win 1 prize per year
- The University of Tulsa retains the right not to consider or display photos that do not meet the submission rules and guidelines or that are deemed inappropriate.
**Note: Students currently employed by the Center for Global Education are not eligible to enter the contest. **
- Please choose your 6 favorite photos from your international experience.
- Upload your photos to an online form by February 28th at 5pm.
- Photos must be in .jpg format (only .jpg will be accepted!) Information that will be required for uploading the photos includes:
o Entrant’s Name and (if applicable) TU ID Number
o Title and/or Description of the photo (25 words or less)
o Location of the photo
o Name of the Study Abroad program and semester attended (if applicable)
• Photo files must be named in the following manner:
Remember, the deadline is February 28th at 5pm!
**DISCLAIMER: "STUDY ABROAD. It's a Trip!" is The University of Tulsa's Center for Global Education annual Photo Contest. Be aware that, if approved for entry into the contest, your photo may be included for use in promotional materials for TU's Center for Global Education and will be displayed to the public. Your image may be included in TU Center for Global Education material. All entries must be received by Friday, February 28th, 2014, 5:00pm, CST, to be considered for voting. Entries must be submitted in digital form with .jpg format via the online form attached to the website. You can submit images taken with a digital camera or images taken with a film-based camera and scanned into a digital format. All entries must be images belonging to the entrant and taken while on a TU recognized study abroad program or international students while enrolled at TU. Entrants are allowed to enter SIX photos.