Faculty and Staff
The Center for Global Education, with cooperation from the Office of the Provost and the Henneke Center for Academic Fulfillment, supports international faculty and staff development programs that enable TU faculty and administrators to participate in international seminars, faculty exchanges, and teaching abroad. The CGE has sent over 35 faculty and administrators to 24 different countries in the last three years. Faculty who have participated in these programs have played a vital role in promoting campus internationalization, by adding international components to their syllabi, creating new classes, and furthering their own research.
Participants in TU’s faculty development programs can expect:
- Introductions to scholarly communities overseas
- Opportunities to reexamine their own teaching and discipline in an international context
- Resources and information that apply to their curriculum
- An interdisciplinary group of fellow participants from a variety of institutions
- Opportunities to contribute their perspective and expertise to a scholarly dialogue