Explore Tulsa Summer Program
Explore Tulsa! Summer Program
Incoming international students are invited to join the Explore Tulsa Summer 2014 program! Improve your English through written and oral practice, earn 6 hours of course credit, understand the culture and heritage of Tulsa, and experience life in Oklahoma – before the fall semester even starts!
- ENGL 1004 – Introduction to College Writing: Learn the fundamentals of college writing including organization, development, basic research skills, logic, and mechanics. Especially designed for international students! (3 hours credit)
- CDSP 2013 – Essentials of Spoken English: For students whose primary language is not English, listening and speaking skills are highlighted, emphasizing classroom participation and presentations. (3 hours credit)
- Integrated Service-Learning Component: Experience the culture, practice English, and give to the community. Past service learning has included visiting senior citizens and sharing cultural elements of students’ native cultures.
- Fun cultural activities designed to complement the courses, highlighting unique places and events in Tulsa and bringing course topics to life through hands-on experiences!
Past Years’ Events:
• Baseball Game
• American Independence Day Fireworks Celebration
• Ranch Visit
• Day trip to Native American Settlement and Museum
• Meeting with the Mayor of Tulsa
• Downtown Music Festival
• Fishing Clinic
• Dinner with American Families
• Ice Cream Factory Tour
• Arrival in Tulsa by June 27, 2014
• Program: June 30-August 1
For more information, please contact:
Application information coming soon!