Register at an Embassy

The CGE strongly recommends that all participants in international education programs register with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate through the State Department’s travel registration website.

This will ensure that you can be reached in case of an international emergency. If your family needs to reach you because of an emergency, they can pass a message to you through the Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 202-647-5225. This office will contact the embassy or consulate in the country in which you are traveling and pass a message from your family to you.

Click here to find a list of US embassy and consulate locations.