Phi Alpha Delta
Phi Alpha Delta is a professional law fraternity advancing integrity, compassion and courage through service to the student, the school, the profession and the community.
We are the preeminent law fraternity promoting the bonds of fraternalism and we are the leader in the development and advancement of professional ideals.
Bound together by tradition and our common interest in the law, we share these core values: Integrity, Compassion, Courage, Professionalism, Service, Diversity, and Innovation.
Declaration of Purpose
The purpose of this Fraternity shall be to form a strong bond uniting students and teachers of the law with members of the Bench and Bar in a fraternal fellowship designed to advance the ideals of liberty and equal justice under law; to stimulate excellence in scholarship; to inspire the virtues of compassion and courage; to foster integrity and professional competence; to promote the welfare of its members; and to encourage their moral, intellectual, and cultural advancement; so that each member may enjoy a lifetime of honorable professional and public service.
A Fraternity of Firsts
Phi Alpha Delta was the first law fraternity to...
- Open membership to all genders, races, creeds and national origins.
- Receive support from the U.S. Department of Justice for Law-Related Education and Youth For Justice Programs.
- Establish its own separate organization devoted to serving its members' communities, the P.A.D. Public Service Center
- Establish a Pre-Law Program to assist undergraduate students interested in the law.
- Hold P.A.D. Day at the Supreme Court, a day designated for P.A.D. attorneys to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Conduct an Annual Food Drive to directly benefit food banks chosen by Chapters in their local communities.
- Win a CFEA Award for Excellence in the highly-competitive multimedia category for the P.A.D. History Video.
- Implement an on-line membership database for networking students and alumni/ae together.
Prominent members of P.A.D. include former U.S. Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, U.S. Senators and members of the U.S. Congress.
National Web site: www.padcommunity.org