By purpose and design, the majority of graduate programs at the University of Tulsa are not large. The number of students admitted each year is limited to those who are highly qualified.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from a college or university approved by a recognized regional accrediting agency.
- Applicants, having selected a degree program to which they will apply, must meeting admission requirements set by the degree program as well as those set by the Graduate School.
- Applicants whose academic work has been superior are admitted upon the approval of the degree program and the Dean of the Graduate School.
Multiple criteria are used for admission evaluation, including GPA, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, and statement of purpose.
- GPA: A graduate point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the undergraduate major is required, but requirements may vary among programs and may be higher than 3.0.
- GRE or GMAT: Application must obtain a satisfactory score on the GRE General Test, except for the Art program. Programs in the Collins College of Business require the GMAT.
- Fitness of character may also be considered as part of the admission process.
- International applicants must hold a degree comparable to a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor's degree and must have a record of strong academic performance comparable to a "B" or above average grades.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must take the TOEFL or IELTS and have an official copy of their results sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School.
- Applicants must submit a certified letter of financial support or a certified Confirmation of Financial Resources form.
- Applicants must submit to the Graduate School a copy of the personal data page from their passport before an I-20 can be issued.
After all application materials have been received, two weeks are normally required to process an application, but international students who require visas should allow at least four months for completed processing of all paperwork. Applications and transcripts will be held on file, and admission decisions will be valid for one calendar year.
Please Note: All application materials sent to the Graduate School become the property of The University of Tulsa. Materials will not be returned to applicants.