TEACHING/RESEARCH/ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE ASSISTANTSHIPS
Open to all full-time students admitted to, or enrolled in, masters' or doctoral degrees.
- Stipend of at least $13,148 for fall and spring semesters and remission of nine credit hours of tuition per semester for students enrolled in a master’s degree program, including student health insurance.
- Stipend of at least $13,634 for fall and spring semesters and remission of nine credit hours of tuition per semester for students enrolled in a doctoral degree program, including student health insurance.
- Workload: Teaching-, research-, or office-related activities required for 20 hours per week.
Graduate Assistantships in Publications
- Open to students pursuing masters’ or doctoral degrees in English Language and Literature. These positions are not typically awarded to first-year graduate students.
- These include positions as editorial assistants for The James Joyce Quarterly and Tulsa Studies in Women’s Literature.
- Stipend: $13,148 to $13,634 and remission of nine credit hours of tuition per semester, including student health insurance.
Applicants interested in a teaching or research assistantship should select "Yes" for the assistantship question on the application for admission. Applicants should also send a resume or CV as part of their application materials. The resume or CV should be sent to the Graduate School at the following address:
The University of Tulsa
800 South Tucker Drive
Tulsa, OK 74104
United State of America
WILFRED WOOBANK GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP
The applicant must be a citizen of the United States and either be seeking full-time enrollment or be enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program within the College of Engineering and Natural Sciences.
- The awards may be designated for one year or may be awarded for up to three years of study for the master’s or four years for the doctoral degree.
- For 2014-2015, the stipends are at least $15,000 a year for a 9-month stipend and include 18-19 hours of tuition scholarship. Exceptional awards with $20,000 in stipend and including a tuition scholarship are also available. Exceptional awards can include summer stipend and tuition support.
- There is a 10-hour per week service component to the Wilfred Woobank Assistantship, intended to foster interaction between the scholar and the department.
- Application deadline is no later January 15; applications are available from the Graduate School Office.