Transfer credit policies and procedures
The College of Engineering and Natural Sciences requires current students to obtain approval for transfer course(s) PRIOR to taking classes at another institution. If a student wishes to take classes at another institution, they will need to complete a petition form in the Advising office. We require pre-approval so students do not take classes which are not equivalent and would therefore not be allowed to transfer toward their academic requirements. We also have students get pre-approval for taking classes elsewhere so no policies relating to transfer credit are violated – violation of in place policies without prior Advising office approval would also mean the courses could not transfer.
- Students are not allowed to retake a course elsewhere they have attempted at The University of Tulsa. This includes courses where a W has been taken.
- Students are also not allowed to take courses elsewhere if they are within their last 45 credit hours.
- Tuition differentials, personal finances or the fact a course may be easier at another institution do not qualify as reasons a student needs to take a course at another institution.
- Students must also earn a C or better in courses they have approval to transfer and courses may not be taken on a pass/fail basis.
- There may be additional requirements relating to transfer courses based on individual major requirements or student circumstances, but those circumstances will be addressed at the time a student seeks transfer course approval.