Jingyi Chen, Ph.D.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Solid Geophysics, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2002 - 2005
- M.S., Geophysics, College of GeoExploration Science and Technology, Jilin University, Jilin, China, 1997 - 2000
- B.S., Applied Geophysics, Changchun University of Sciences and Technology, Jilin, China, 1993 - 1997
Areas of Research Focus
- Numerical simulation of seismic wave propagation in complex, anisotropic media
- Seismic migration, tomography and seismic attributes inversion
- Seismic data processing and interpretation
Previous Teaching Experience
- Principles of seismic exploration
- Numerical simulation of seismic wave propagation
- Computing language, C
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Earth Sciences, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, NL, Canada, 2008-2010
- Research Scientist, Department of Geology Sciences, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 2007.
- Research Assistant/Associate, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China, 2002-2006.
- Geophysics Engineer, Shanghai Jinghai Geo-Technique Company, Shanghai, China 2000-2002.
- Member of Canadian Geophysical Union (CGU) (since 2008)
- Member of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) (since 1998)
- Member of the Chinese Geophysical Society (since 1997)