The Department of Mechanical Engineering is located in Stephenson Hall, a new facility that houses research and teaching lab space.
Some highlights of the department's facilities are:
- Modern computer labs with access to all major solid modeling programs and finite element and computational fluid mechanics programs
- A brand new student project lab, the McElroy Prototyping lab, which has NC machining equipment available for student use
- A recently renovated instrumentation and experimental design lab
- Materials characterization labs that include electromechanical and servohydrualic loadframes
- Advanced electron microscopy
In addition to these general and shared-use facilities, each faculty member has dedicated research space with specialized equipment. Please refer to the research page for description of each faculty member's specialization and for links to their personal research pages.