William A. Coberly
Chair, Department of MathematicsAssociate ProfessorKeplinger Hall U369
Following a two-year post-doctoral fellowship at the NASA Johnson Space Center, Professor Coberly joined the faculty at The University of Tulsa (TU) in 1974. His time as a professor at TU has included 28 years as Department Chair of Mathematical and Computer Sciences.
Primary Research interests have been in the areas of mathematical statistics and the application of statistics and probability to various fields including remote sensing, energy, law, biology, medicine and engineering.
Currently, Prof. Coberly is a member of the TU Institute of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology collaborating on research projects in which statistical methods are used to analyze data from neuroimaging, genetic, and behavioral measurements.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Mathematics, Texas Tech University (1972)
- M.A., Mathematics, Texas Tech University (1970)
- B.A., Mathematics, Texas Tech University (1965)
Areas of Research Focus
- Statistical methods in Bioinformatics and Neuroinformatics
- Statistics and the Law
- Computational Probability and Statistics
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Post Doctoral Fellow, NASA Johnson Space Center (1972-1974)