Eduardo Pereyra, Ph.D.
Office Hours - Fall 2013
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; 1:50 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*All other times, by appointment.
Course Syllabus - Fall 2013
Eduardo Pereyra currently serves as Associate Director of the TU Fluid Flow Projects (TUFFP) at The University of Tulsa. He holds two B.S. degrees (2000), one in Mechanical Engineering (with Honors) and one in Systems Engineering (with Honors) from the University of Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela. Eduardo received his M.S. degree (2005) and Ph.D. (2011) in Petroleum Engineering from The University of Tulsa.
In addition to his academic and research background, Eduardo has unique industry experience. From 2000-2003, he worked for the R & D center of Venezuela Oil Company (PDVSA-Intevep) in the area of multiphase flow in heavy oils and reservoir simulation. In the summers of 2005, 2006, and 2007, he worked as a Research Scientist Intern at Chevron’s Advanced Production Technology/Subsea Technology Unit, carrying out theoretical studies on conventional separators performance. In 2006, he worked for Multiphase System Integration (MSI) where his duties involved consulting in multiphase transport area, facilities design, and multiphase flow metering systems.
Eduardo's research interests are multiphase flow systems and transport, flow assurance and separation technologies. Eduardo has several refereed journals and conference papers in these areas of research interest.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, The University of Tulsa (2011)
- M.Sc., Petroleum Engineering, The University of Tulsa (2005)
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering (Cum Laude), University of Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela (2000)
- B.Sc., System Engineering (Cum Laude), University of Los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela (2000)
Areas of Research Focus
- Multiphase Flow in Pipelines
- Separation Systems
- Transient Flow
- Oil and Gas Production
- Multiphase Metering
- Uncertainty Analysis
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Tulsa University Fluid Flow Projects and High Viscosity Oil Project, Research Associate (2010-Present)
- Chevron Energy Technology Center, Advanced Production System Unit, Research Scientist Intern (2007, summer)
- Multiphase System Integration, Technology Specialist and Manager, (2006)
- Chevron Energy Technology Center, Advanced Production System Unit, Research Scientist Intern (2005, summer)
- Venezuela Oil Company (PDVSA-Intevep) Research & Developmen Center, Professional Engineer, (2000-2003)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), member
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), member
- Society of Hispanic Petroleum Engineers (SHPE), member