The University of Tulsa College of Law values its position within an excellent, private, doctoral-degree-granting University, and its partnerships with the community, the bench and bar, tribal nations, and foreign institutions.
The University of Tulsa College of Law prepares students from diverse backgrounds to excel in the legal profession through an intellectually rigorous program that promotes these core values: excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, professionalism, and commitment to humanity.
The College of Law achieves its mission by providing its students with the education and training essential for attaining:
• Knowledge of Substantive Law Necessary for Effective & Responsible Participation in the Legal Profession;
• Competency in Legal Analysis, Reasoning and Problem-Solving;
• Competency in Communication with Members of the Legal Profession and the Lay Public;
• Competency in Professional Skills Lawyers Need to Meet Their Responsibilities;
• Commitment to Professionalism and Ethics.