The University of Tulsa College of Law occupies an integral and dynamic position within a forward-thinking, private, doctoral-degree-granting University and plays a vital role in its partnerships with the community, the bench and bar, industry, tribal nations, and foreign institutions.
The University of Tulsa College of Law prepares students from diverse backgrounds to excel in the legal and related professions through an intellectually rigorous program that promotes the core values of excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, professionalism, and commitment to justice and humanity.
The College of Law achieves its mission by providing its students with the education and training essential for attaining:
- Knowledge of substantive law necessary for effective and responsible participation in the legal profession and related professions and industries;
- Competency in legal analysis, reasoning and problem-solving;
- Competency in communication with members of the legal and related professions as well as the public;
- Competency in the professional skills lawyers need to meet their responsibilities;
- Commitment to professionalism and ethics.