Take Me Back to Tulsa
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The University of Tulsa College of Law has a full slate of Homecoming activities planned Oct. 2-4 for alumni and friends. Opportunities for interaction between alumni, faculty and current students highlight the celebrations, which have a "Take Me Back To Tulsa" theme.
Events at the law school range from the nostalgic to the educational, including:
- Law Mentoring Program Kick-off – A kick-off celebration for the revived law alumni mentoring program is planned for 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 2, at John Rogers Hall. Light refreshments will be served as those involved with the program will have the chance to meet at the mezzanine. Anyone interested in participating as a mentor, mentee or who would just like more information can contact Muriel Hakim at (918) 631-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free Homecoming CLE Classes – All practicing lawyers can earn two hours of Oklahoma CLE. Dean Janet Levit will lead the discussion “Why Should We Care About International Law in the Heartland?” at 11 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 3. At 1: 30 p.m., Professor Elizabeth McCormick and Laura Bachman, both work in the Boesche Legal Clinic, will lead a discussion on immigration law. For more information or to register, contact Vicki Jordan at (918) 631-2429 or email@example.com. If you need CLE credit for another jurisdiction, please inform staff at the time of registration.
- Homecoming Receptions and Gala – The evening of Friday Oct. 3, all alumni and friends are invited to Chapman Plaza at 5:30 p.m. for receptions honoring the University’s four colleges, athletics and McFarlin Library. At 6:30 p.m., the doors of the Donald W. Reynolds Center open for TU’s annual Homecoming Gala. Contact Muriel Hakim for more information at (918) 631-3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College of Law Omelets with the Dean - Law alumni and family are invited to join Dean Janet Levit for made-to-order omelets from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Oct. 4, in John Rogers Hall. Tours will be available of the Mabee Legal Information Center, Price & Turpen Courtroom and the Boesche Legal Clinic following breakfast.
- Fifty Years or More Brunch – TU honors the Class of 1958 on Saturday, Oct. 4, at 10:30 a.m. as they are inducted into the Fifty Years or More Club. College of Law graduates attending the event will be seated together. For more information, contact Muriel Hakim at (918) 631-3320 or email@example.com.
- ’68, ’78, ’88 Class Reunions and Young Alumni Tailgate Party – The South Lawn of John Rogers Hall will be the site of multiple pre-game festivities Saturday, beginning Oct. 4, at 4 p.m., as alumni of the ’68, ’78 and ’88 classes are invited for a reunion and the young alumni will gather to get their game faces on.
- College of Law Class of 1998 Reunion – The Class of 1998 Law Alumni will celebrate the accomplishments of the last ten years and relive old times at Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant, 300 Riverwalk Terrace, Jenks, Okla., at 7 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 4. There will be a tent on the lawn by the Arkansas River, live music, dancing, and great food. Contact Jill Brochu Lagace for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University’s celebration includes other events throughout the weekend. For information on the full schedule, visit www.utulsa.edu/alumni/homecoming.