Professor Bucholtz received her J.D. from Valparaiso University of Law and her LL.M. in environmental law from George Washington University (with highest honors). Prior to joining the TU law faculty, she practiced corporate law, business litigation, class action litigation, and estate planning in the Chicago area and in Tulsa. She is a former law clerk for the Northern District of Oklahoma. She serves on the boards of several organizations in the business and the nonprofit sectors. Her teaching interests include contracts, sales, international private law, comparative corporate law, corporate law, securities law, international trade, American legal history and jurisprudence, the law of nonprofit organizations, and legal analysis and writing. She writes and speaks on topics that include international trade agreements, environmental law, and nonprofit associations.
Education and Degrees Earned
- The National Law Center, L.L. M. w/ Highest Honors, Environmental Law, George Washington Univ., May 1990
- Valparaiso Univ. School of Law, J.D., May 1980
- Mount Holyoke College, B.A., May 1961
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Corporations & other Business Assoc.
- Contracts, Comparative Law & Nonprofit Law
- Academic Freedom
- Other First Amendment Issues
Previous Teaching Experience
- Spring 2007 Visiting Professor of Law, Univ. of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
- Fall 2007 Visiting Professor of Law, Univ. of Tulsa London Program
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- 2007 Executive Director, Univ. of Tulsa Nonprofit Law Center
- 2007 Professorial Fellow, National Energy/Environmental Law and Policy Institute, The Univ. of Tulsa College of Law
- 2006 Chair, AALS Section on Agency, Partnership, LLCs and Unincorporated Assoc.
- 2003 Faculty Advisor, T.U. Law Chapter, American Constitution Society
- 1998 Co-Director and Prof., The Univ. of Tulsa Law Institute in Buenos Aires
- 1996 Prof. The Univ. of Tulsa Law Institute in Bratislava, Slovakia
- 1999-2000 Faculty Advisor, Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- 1998-1990 Teaching Fellow and Instructor-in-Law, George Washington Univ.
- 1995-1991 Coach, Pace Environmental Law Moot Court Team
- American Bar Association
- Okla. Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association.
- Professorial Fellow, National Energy - Environment Law & Policy Institute