Paschal earned his J.D. from The University of Tulsa. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, he served as law clerk to H. Dale Cook, judge for the Northern U.S. District of Oklahoma, and as editor of the Oklahoma Bar Journal. His private practice was concentrated in complex commercial litigation. His articles include "Federal Employment Laws and the 'Integrated Enterprise,'" in the Oklahoma Bar Journal on November 9, 1996. He is coauthor of "Determining the Lessor's Royalty Share of PostProduction Costs: Is the Implied Covenant to Market the Appropriate Analytical Framework?" published in 1995.
Education and Degrees Earned
- University of Oklahoma
B.A. with Special Distinction, 1972
- University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. with Honors, 1976
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Legal Reasoning, Analysis & Writing
- Advanced Legal Writing
- Advanced Research Strategy
- Pretrial Practice
Previous Teaching Experience
- Associate Professor of Legal Writing, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. August, 2004 to July, 2008.
- Assistant Professor of Legal Writing, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. August, 2001 to July, 2004.
- Legal Writing Instructor, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma. August, 1997 to May, 2001
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Solo Law Practice, Tulsa, Oklahoma. August, 1998 to April, 1999.
- Of Counsel, Gourley & Proszek P.L.L.C., Tulsa, Oklahoma. September, 1997 to July, 1998.
- Shareholder, Lipe, Green, Paschal & Trump, P.C., Tulsa, Oklahoma. January, 1989 to August, 1997.
- Shareholder and Associate, Hall, Estill, Hardwick, Gable, Golden & Nelson, P.C., Tulsa Oklahoma. January, 1979 to December, 1988.
- Law Clerk, Hon. H. Dale Cook, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma, Tulsa, Oklahoma. January, 1977 to December, 1978.
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma