Distinguished Lectures and Symposia
Throughout each year, TU College of Law hosts distinguished lectures in law for students, alumni, and the legal community.
- A bi-annual conference on the Supreme Court
- The annual Buck Colbert Franklin Lecture
- The annual John W. Hager Distinguished Lecture
- Health Law symposiums
- National Energy-Environment Law and Policy Institute symposiums
- The US Circuit Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals hear arguments on campus.
TU College of Law regularly brings distinguished speakers and in-residence guests to campus. Students have the opportunity to meet each guest in the congenial atmosphere of receptions or dinners.
Recent speakers and guests include:
- The Honorable Sandra Day O’Connor, US Supreme Court Justice
- The Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsberg, US Supreme Court Justice
- The Honorable Clarence Thomas, US Supreme Court Justice
- The Honorable Stephen Breyer, US Supreme Court Justice
- Michael Greco, President, American Bar Association
- The Honorable Guido Calabresi, Judge of the US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Isaac C. Hunt, Jr., Securities and Exchange Commission member
- Richard A. Posner, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- The Honorable Vicki Miles-LaGrange, US District Judge, Western District of Oklahoma
- Julian Bond, Chairman of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
Office of Admissions