Mabee Legal Information Center
The Mabee Legal Information Center welcomes students, welcomes a wide range of activities, and welcomes YOU! It is very attractive, highly functional, and highly technological for the upcoming years, yet designed for flexibility to allow change dictated by future needs and emerging technologies.
No wonder the Mabee Legal Information Center was featured as a "Fabulous Facility" in the April 2000 Architectural Issue of American Libraries and the December 2000 issue of Library Journal ! Whether serving as a "second home" for our students or offering life-time research access to our alumni, Tulsa Law's MLIC is an excellent choice for all of your legal information needs.
- Just outside the entrance is a touch-screen kiosk which, at the touch of your finger, will give you photos of the person or room which is your destination, and provide directions to get there.
- Nine professional librarians are on hand to help you with legal research in the over 400,000 volume collection taking up four miles of shelf space.
- Over 50% of all students filling out recent patron surveys have ranked the staff as EXCELLENT - the top rating, and they are definitely here to help.
- You and ALL your fellow students could sit in the library at the exact same time, and there would still be plenty of seats to spare!
- If you like studying with others, your study group could meet in any of thirteen collaborative study rooms.
- The Native American Law Center and Comparative and International Law Center specialty rooms have inviting and comfortable tables and lounge chairs, and art work that complements the art throughout the College of Law.
- If private space helps you concentrate, you could rent one of the 301 carrels, and leave your belongings in its locking cabinet when you take off for class. 802.11g wireless connectivity is available throughout the MLIC and John Rogers Hall. From your carrel you could even plug in your laptop as this facility has wired network connections for laptop connectivity! All the tables as well as carrels in the expansion are wired to the network.
- Multiple computer labs offer 33 computer workstations with current technology.
- Four busy student offices are also a big part of the scene. You are apt to find editors in the three journal offices polishing their student comments for publication or verifying the citations in that issue's lead articles. The student members in the Board of Advocates Chamber may be preparing their arguments for the next regional or national moot court competition.
- When you hear there are seven and a half MILES of shelf space for our books, (thanks to the installation of three electronic compact shelving units as well as traditional shelving), you'll understand that this is one facility that will have absolutely no trouble attaining its goal of 500,000 volumes!