Room Reservation Policies
The study rooms of the MLIC are for use as a site for quiet study by student groups. These rooms are generally for groups consisting of at least 2 or more people and are reserved in accordance with the policy outlined below.
- During normal semester hours, study rooms may be reserved for a maximum of three hours. There is also a limit of one reservation per day, per group. An individual may participate in more than one study group, but a gathering composed of essentially the same people will be considered the same group.
- Only law students may reserve and use study rooms.
- If a room has not been reserved, students may use the study rooms on a first come, first serve basis.
- Room reservations can not be tampered with and signs should not be removed.
- Study room reservations will be forfeited if the group is 10 minutes late for a reserved time and there are other students waiting to use the room.
- Room reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, weekdays only, in order to be posted the next day. They may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance. If students need a room less than 24 hours in advance they may use whatever room is available. Weekly schedules are posted at the entrance of every study room and are updated as needed.
- Certain rooms may require a minimum number of group participants.
Directions for Reserving Study Rooms Online:
- Go back to the Calendar page
- From the drop box on the upper right hand of the calendar choose the room you wish to reserve. Then click "Go". This will bring up the current calendar for that room.
- Check to make sure the time/date you want is available.
- Click Post Event. This will bring up a box for you to fill out with the appropriate information relating to your reservation. Also, list the names of those who are expected to be in your group in the "description" box.
- Please fill in the 'Category' field from the drop down list.
- You must provide a valid University of Tulsa email address.
- Once finished, click "process event". This will send your request to the calendar moderator for approval. Once it's been approved, it will appear in the appropriate calendar.
Events without Contact Names and Emails will not be approved.
- Users of the study rooms must adhere to all library policies, including those related to food, drinks, and cell phone use.
- Please clean up all messes and dispose of trash when leaving.
- The library is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
If you have any questions in relation to study room reservations please contact Richard Todd at 631-5608 or Mark-Mayer@utulsa.edu