Living and Dining on Campus
Why live on Campus?
Living on campus provides students with the whole college experience. Living on campus lets you extend your learning beyond the classroom through social and educational activities with a diverse community of students. On campus living gives you the opportunity to live and form meaningful connections with student who have similiar interests and aspirations.
2013 Hurricane Thursday Schedule
Hurricane Thursday is an annual series of events that University of Tulsa Housing sponsors each Fall. Every Thrusday TU Housing, individual Residence Halls, RHA, and various other University departments co-sponser these events.
Back this year by popular demand is Hurricane Thursday Punch Cards. Make sure to check in at every event to get your card punched. See your Professional Staff Member to get your card!
Hurricane Thursday Schedule
August 29 - First Thursday
September 5 - Pizzas of Tulsa
September 12 - Pool Party Fiesta
September 19 - Block Party
September 26 - TU Treks Tailgate
October 3 - Drive-In Movie Night
October 10 - Campus Block Party
October 17 - Volleyball Tournament
October 24 - TU Trivia Night
October 31 - Haunted Hall
November 7 - Bowling Bash
November 14 - Taste of the John
November 21 - Movie Premiere
December 5 - Winter Skate Night
The University of Tulsa is interested in how resident students can enrich their experiences in an already vibrant campus environment, which is why we have established housing requirements as well as offer a variety of lifestyles to meet the needs of all students.
Students living on-campus are:
- more likely to persist in college and complete their baccalaureate degree in four years;
- more likely to earn professional degrees;
- more likely to achieve a higher grade point average;
- reported to have greater satisfaction with their living environment;
- regarded as having a positive self-image, with enhanced self-confidence, public speaking ability, and similar measures of self-reliance;
- reported to participate in more extracurricular activities.
Click to download a copy of 2013-2014 the Guide to Campus Living.