(Updated March 25, 2011)
The University of Tulsa College of Law, Office of Professional Development provides reasonable use of its resources for students and graduates of other law schools on the following terms:
1. Reciprocity privileges will be granted only to graduates and second, third year and LLM students of those ABA accredited/NALP member law schools that permit our students and graduates the same opportunity. The Office reserves the right to match the terms and restrictions of the school requesting reciprocity on behalf of its students and graduates.
2. Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by a Career Services official preferably via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should include the name, address, email address and graduation year of the student or graduate and a copy of the requesting school’s reciprocity policy. Walk-in and phone requests will NOT be honored.
3. The requesting law school’s career services office will be notified when reciprocity has been granted, and a copy of the notification will be sent to the graduate or student.
4. Reciprocity privileges are available for a period not to exceed three months from the date of the original request. Renewal requests will be handled as new requests for reciprocity.
5. The privileges available (except during black-out periods) to reciprocity students or graduates include: (a) access to online job listings through Symplicity (https://law-tulsa-csm.symplicity.com), (b) access to online resources and reference materials through Symplicity. (There will be a one-time charge of $20. Students or graduates should include an email address with their check payable to The University of Tulsa.)
6. The privileges not available to reciprocity students or graduates include: (a) career counseling, (b) on campus interviews, (c) resume referral, (d) alumni referral services, and (e) career workshops.
7. Reciprocity will not be available during the fall recruiting season, August 1st to November 15th and spring recruitment season, January 1st to March 15th.
8. When responding to listings, an applicant granted reciprocity must state in each employer cover letter that the listing was obtained through a reciprocal agreement with the applicant’s school and The University of Tulsa College of Law.
9. The Office reserves the right to terminate the exchange at any time by notice to the individual and the requesting law school. Misrepresentation or misuse of the Office will result in immediate termination of present privileges and denial of future requests.
10. Questions regarding reciprocity should be directed to the following:
The University of Tulsa College of Law
Professional Development Office
3120 East Fourth Place
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74104
The University of Tulsa College of Law reserves the right to alter the terms of this policy without further notice.