Thank you Graduate Business Mentors
Friday, September 30, 2011
The Graduate Business Mentor Program is boasting 40 mentor-protégé pairs this academic year!
Through the program, graduate business students are paired with local business leaders for the academic year. A “Kickoff Workshop” celebrated the program’s commencement on Friday, September 23rd. At the workshop, participants enjoyed speed networking, being introduced to their counterpart and discussing objectives for the coming year. Mentors and protégés will continue to meet once per month until April 2012.
Students participating in the Mentor Program look to their mentor for guidance on topics ranging from career aspirations and job strategies to current coursework and thoughts on the economy. Mentors serve as a sounding board for burning ideas and call on personal experiences to provide students with insight on how to become a successful business leader. The experience sets students apart from the competition upon graduation and provides mentors with a fresh perspective on business education.
The following individuals are volunteer mentors for the 2011-12 academic year. Thank you for inspiring the minds of future business leaders!
- Tory Baker, Chief Financial Officer - NORDAM Corporate
- Bob Boyd, Founder and President - Boston Street Advisors, Inc.
- Chet Cadieux, Chairman/CEO - QuickTrip Corp.
- David Cleveland, President - Communications Graphics, Inc.
- Amy Cole, Senior Vice President Channels, Hilti North America
- Paul Coury, President - Coury Properties, Inc.
- Dax Craig, President and CEO - Valen Technologies, Inc
- S. Lee Crawley, Managing Director - Corporate Finance Associates
- Bruce Currie, Vice President and Sr. Trust Officer - J.P. Morgan
- Jeff Davis, CEO/Owner - United States Beef Corp/ dba Arby's and Taco Bueno
- Jim Dilley, Executive Vice President - American Heritage Bank
- Clint Dishman, Sr VP - Manager, Strategic Investment Advisory Group - Bank of Oklahoma
- Kelly Diven, President/CEO - 66 Federal Credit Union
- Richard Dixon, President - OPECo, Inc.
- Jake Dollarhide, Chief Executive Officer - Longbow Asset Management
- Frank Eby, President - Staghorn Energy, LLC
- Tally Ferguson, Director of Risk Management - Bank of Oklahoma
- Allison Flusche, Senior Manager - Stinnett & Associates
- Greg Hopeman, Executive Director - UBS Financial Services
- Jack Koehle, Agent - New York Life Insurance
- Caron Lawhorn, President, ONEOK Distribution Companies - ONEOK
- Kieran Major, Corporate Planning - Williams
- Tammie Maloney, President - Burton Oil & Gas Properties
- Geordie Matson, Senior Vice President - BancFirst
- Chip McElroy, President and CEO - McElroy Manufacturing, Inc
- Mike Payne, Business Development Manger - Eide Bailly LLP
- Ira Phillips, President - Twin Gates Trading
- John Pixley, President-Tulsa Market - The F&M Bank & Trust Company
- Roberta Preston, Chief Executive Officer - Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma
- Robert Reins, E.V.P. Commercial Lending - BancFirst
- Harvie Roe, President and CEO - AmeriTrust Tulsa
- Chris Shannon, Assistant Vice President - Merrill Lynch
- Julie Smith, Vice President - J.P. Morgan
- David Smylie, Consultant, Joint Venture Auditing - ConocoPhillips
- Brad Stoots, Office Managing Partner - Grant Thornton
- Jim Williams, International Trade Specialist - Oklahoma U.S. Export Assistance Center
- Sonja Wilson, Venture Finance Advisor - i2E, Inc.
- Chris Wright, President/CEO - Reliant Live
- Nick Wright, Vice President of Sales & Operations - US Cellular
- Steve Wyett, Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management Executive - Bank of Oklahoma
For more information or to volunteer for the Mentor Program, contact Rick Arrington at email@example.com or 918-631-2214.