Mary Dana Laird
Mary Dana Laird is an Assistant Professor of Management at the University of Tulsa. Dr. Laird has published in academic journals such as Human Resource Management Review, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Journal of Management, and Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. She also is a member of the Academy of Management, Society of Industrial Organizational Psychology, and Southern Management Association. Prior to completing her PhD at Florida State University, Dr. Laird worked in human resource management in the nonprofit and corporate sectors.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Organizational Behavior, Florida State University, 2008
- M.S., Human Resource Management, Texas A&M University, 2004
- B.A., Business, Southwestern University, 2000
Areas of Research Focus
- Personal reputation
- Work relationships
- Political skill
- Perceptions of organizational politics
Previous Teaching Experience
- 5 sections of Human Resource Management and 1 section of Negotiations, Florida State University.
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Recruiter/Trainer, Association of Texas Professional Educators
- HR Generalist, Zale Corporation.
- Academy of Management
- Southern Management Association
- Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology