Before joining the faculty of the Collins College of Business, Professor James Senese held the positions of vice president of strategy management and vice president, training development and continuous improvement at the Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group. Prior to Dollar Thrifty, he served as director of quality improvement and in several other management positions at National Car Rental System, Inc. Senese was chosen by the United States Department of Commerce to serve on the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award examiner team and by the Oklahoma State Quality Foundation to serve as an examiner and later a judge for the State of Oklahoma quality competitions. At TU, Senese primarily teaches strategic management courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels. He also continues his research in business strategy and mergers and acquisition. Senese’s extensive executive experience in addition to his educational background provides him with unique preparation for teaching and research in these key business areas.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., University of Oklahoma, 2007
- M.B.A., University of San Francisco, 1988
- B.S. in Business Administration, Bryant University, Providence, R.I., 1965
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Post-merger culture change
- Corporate culture
- Strategy management
- Organizational change management and innovation
Previous Teaching Experience
- Adjunct, University of Oklahoma
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Vice President Strategic Management, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Tulsa.
- Examiner, Malcolm Baldrige Quality Program
- Judge, Oklahoma State Quality Foundation