Jim Zboja, Ph.D.
Jim Zboja is an assistant professor of marketing at The University of Tulsa, specializing in teaching Personal Selling and Sales Management and Services Marketing. Jim is published in or hs articles forthcoming at the following journals: Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Services Marketing, Journal of Managerial Psychology, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, Journal of Relationship Marketing, Journal of Promotion Management, Journal of Applied Marketing Theory, and Career Development International. Prior to joining the faculty at TU, Zboja was a faculty member at Eastern Michigan University after completing his doctorate at Florida State University. He is a member of the American Marketing Association and the Academy of Marketing Science. Before returning to school for his doctorate, Jim was in sales and merchandising with organizations such as Campbell Soup Company and BellSouth Mobility, Inc.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Florida State University, Tallahassee, 2006
- M.B.A., Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, 1999
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Middle Tennessee State University, 1994
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Personal Selling and Sales Management - MKG 3043
- Services Marketing - MKTG 4043
Areas of Research Focus
- Buyer perceptions of sales pressure
- Social influence among consumers and in the workplace
- Consumer coupon use
- Nonprofit marketing