To prepare tomorrow's leaders, through an energy-focused, interdisciplinary curriculum, for careers in the upstream or mid-stream sectors of the global energy industry.
From the Director:
With 20 years of experience in the energy industry, I have been working in higher education since 1997 developing curricula, taking the traditional academic coursework and combining it with a practical knowledge and understanding of the energy industry. This has evolved into an interdisciplinary program producing a unique business graduate who will “hit the ground running” upon graduation into one of the world’s most vital and volatile industries.
By earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with a major in Energy Management, students will develop a solid foundation in the areas of business law, finance, environmental economics, and the trading of energy commodities. In addition to the above, students will also be exposed to various forms of alternative energy.
At TU we pride ourselves on a student to faculty ratio of 12 to 1. This allows me, and each student’s professors, to develop a mentor type relationship while working with them in identifying their strengths and areas of interest. Also, as both their program director and academic advisor, I encourage every student to pursue industry internships and scholarships, to participate in local mentoring programs, and to take advantage of opportunities through the Tulsa Energy Management Student Association (TEMSA).
If this sounds interesting to you and you feel up to the task, The University of Tulsa’s Energy Management program will challenge you with both a rigorous and a one-of-a-kind curriculum.
The Energy Management major is for those students interested in graduating with a unique business degree available at only a few schools (TU is the only private institution offering an Energy Management major). Graduates, coming out of the Energy Management program, can move into a myriad of exciting fields immediately upon graduation due to uniqueness of the curriculum and the industry’s knowledge and support of the program.
Admission into the Energy Management program is by application only and limited up to thirty (30) students per academic year. If interested in applying, please click here to download an application form.
Here's What You Can Expect by Majoring in Energy Management :
- Generous Industry sponsored scholarships that are among the highest on campus
- Industry-related internships, both during the academic school year and summers
- Mentoring programs pairing students with local industry professionals
- Becoming involved in the Tulsa Energy Management Student Association (TEMSA) which provides social and industry experiences and opportunities outside the classroom
- Highly competitive salaries, for both internships and full-time employment second to none in the Collins College of Business
- Career opportunities in both the Upstream (Exploration & Production) and/or Midstream (trading of energy commodities) sectors of the energy industry
- Employers of EM graduates are likely to be major oil companies, large and small independents and financial institutions
For more information contact:
Ted. K. Jacobs - Director of Energy Management
918-631-3588 or e-mail him at: email@example.com