About the School
School of Finance, Operations Management, and International Business Highlights
• Faculty – The School has ten faculty members five of whom have named faculty positions. The Operations Management faculty were ranked as the 30th most research productive Department in the United States by OR/MS Today and ranked 4th in the Southwest region by the Journal of Operations Management. Tim Urban, Professor of Operations Management was ranked the 8th most productive Operations Management individual in the United states by the Journal of Operations Management.
• Undergraduate Students – On their Major Field Tests, a national exam given to graduating seniors, our Finance majors for the past six years have scored at the 95th percentile (the highest percentile reported) in the Finance area. For all business areas they have scored at the 90th percentile or higher for all semesters except one.
• Master of Science in Finance (MSF) The current class has an average GMAT of 667 and an average GPA of 3.52. These scores are competitive with the top 25 MBA program in the United States.
Almost 10 percent of our MSF graduates have entered PhD programs including programs at University of Kansas, Penn State, Purdue, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology.
For the current academic year MSF students will receive more than $250,000 in financial aid and scholarships.
• Friends of Finance (FOF) - With over 400 members FOF is one of the largest School of Finance support organizations in the Southwest. FOF has raised more than $2,800,000 in contributions.
• Student Investment Fund (SIF) – Distributions from the SIF have provided more than $760,000 in scholarships to more than 195 students.