Professor Chiang has published articles in Management Science, IIE Transactions, Decision Sciences, International Journal of Production Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Annals of Operations Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, and INFORMS Journal on Computing, among others. He has received the Mayo Excellence in Research Award six times.
Professor Chiang is on the editorial board of many international journals. He is currently a Senior Editor for Production and Operations Management and Editor of International Journal of Revenue Management. He is also a guest editor of the International Journal of Production Research (Special Issue on Applications of Computational Intelligence for Design and Operations Decisions in Manufacturing).
Professor Chiang has been named Graduate Business Professor of the Year.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
- M.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1985
- B.A., National Taiwan Normal University, 1979
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Production/operations management
- Operations research
- Computational intelligence applications to finance and operations management