Rhonda R. Martin
Rhonda Martin’s area of expertise is Perinatal (Women and Children) Nursing, Breast feeding, Fundamentals of Nursing, and Human Sexuality. She is the Coordinator for the Sophomore level of nursing courses.
She is active in several professional organizations at the local and state level. These organizations include AWHONN, STTI, and NLN. AWOHNN is the association focusing on women’s health, obstetric and neonatal nursing issues. STTI, Sigma Theta Tau International, is a nursing honor society. It is committed to fostering excellence, scholarship, and leadership in nursing to improve health care. NLN is the National league of Nursing.
Her current research focus is the implementation of personal digital assistants (PDA) with baccalaureate level nursing students.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Master of Science degree from University of Oklahoma, Tulsa/HSC Oklahoma City, Ok in December 1989.
- Bachelor of Science degree from East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma in May 1982
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Collaborative teaching in the following courses:
- Nursing 2254, 2264, 2273, 3154, 3164, 3174, 3254, 3264, 4164
- Nursing 2103
Areas of Research Focus
- Use of personal digital assistant with nursing students, breastfeeding, high-risk perinatal nursing.
Previous Teaching Experience
- August 1994 - present Clinical Assistant Professor at the baccalaureate undergraduate level, The University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- August 1993 - May 1994 Visiting Instructor at the baccalaureate undergraduate level, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- January 1990 - August 1993 Instructor at the undergraduate level, Rogers State College Claremore, Oklahoma
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- May 2004 – to present. Per Diem Nurse in the Access Center (telephone triage and transfer coordination) at Saint Francis Hospital
- May 1994 – May 2004. Per Diem Nurse in the Mother-Baby, Labor and Delivery, and High-risk antepartum areas at Hillcrest Medical Center
- June 1984 - January 1990. Charge Nurse/Clinical Nurse II on the Unit for Special Maternity Care St. Francis Hospital, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- June 1982 - June 1984. Charge/staff nurse on complicated obstetrical/gynecological surgery unit. Hillcrest Medical Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society (STTI):
Zeta Delta Chapter At-Large, 1995 to present; Zeta Delta Chapter,1987-1995
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, & Neonatal Nursing (AWHONN), 1989 to present
- Registered Nurse Community Volunteers (RNCV) – 1999 to present
- National League of Nurses (NLN) – 2001 to present
- Oklahoma League of Nurses (OLN) – 2001 to 2007