Mindy Thompson's area of expertise is Community Health Nursing. Clinical experience with a community focus has included home health, hospice, and indigent care with previous certification in the area of hospice and palliation. Mindy currently volunteers on a regular basis with Good Samaritan Health Services to assist in the care of the uninsured. She is active in several professional organizations at the local and state level. These organizations include the Oklahoma Nurse's Association, American Nurses Associaton, Zeta Delta-At Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), and the Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corp (OKMRC). STTI is a nursing honor society committed to fostering excellence, scholarship, and leadership in nursing to improve health care. The OKMRC provides medical personnel, as well as non-medical support in times of community disaster. Mindy is recognized by the National League of Nurses (NLN) as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE).
Mindy plans to begin work on her PhD in the summer of 2014 with an emphasis on technology and teaching innovation.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Master of Science degree from Northeastern State University, Tahlquah, OK
- Bachelor of Science degree from Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
- Associate of Applied Science degreefrom Amarillo College, Amarillo, TX
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Collaborative teaching in the following courses:
- Nursing 3254, 3264, 3274, 4154, 4164, 4174, 4263, 4232
- Nursing 2103
Areas of Research Focus
- Use of technology in nursing education to optimize learning outcomes
- Use of technology and/or technical resources to optimize patient outcomes
Previous Teaching Experience
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology, Okmulgee, OK - Foundations of NUrsingm Dosage Calculations in Nursing
- Platt College, LPN Program, Tulsa, OK - Foundations of Nursing, Nutrition, Medical-Surgical
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Good Samaritan Health Services
- Muskogee Community Hospital
- Sojourn Care Inc.
- Girling Healthcare Inc.
- American Nurses Association
- Oklahoma Nurses Association
- Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corp
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society (STTI); Zeta Delta Chapter At-Large