Associate Professor of Communication DisordersMary K. Chapman Center 101-B
Professional background involves speech-language pathology clinical services in acute-care hospitals and outpatient rehabilitation, home health, public schools, and long-term care medical settings. I currently serve as the Director of the TU Cleft Palate Team which meets monthly. Research interests and areas of expertise involve issues related to medical speech language pathology in both children and adults including dysphagia, head and neck cancer, cleft palate, motor speech disorders, dementia, stroke, aphasia, traumatic brain injury, voice disorders, ventilator dependency and tracheostomy. Current research projects are in the areas of quality of life in individuals with swallowing disorders and service delivery for individuals with clefts and craniofacial anomalies.
Education and Degrees Earned
- B.S. Speech pathology, 1990, Oklahoma State Univ.
- M.A. Speech pathology, 1992, Oklahoma State Univ.
- Ed.D. Occupation and Adult Education, 2000, Oklahoma State Univ.
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, 2000, Oklahoma State Univ.
Previous Teaching Experience
- 1999-2000 Oklahoma State University Dept of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Colorado Springs public schools and early childhood programs
Medical Speech-language pathologist
- Sundance Rehabilitation, Specialty Hospital of Tulsa, Valir Rehabilitation, St. John Medical Center.
- Member, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member, Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Member, American Cleft Palate Association
- ASHA Special Interest Division 13: Swallowing