Chair of the Faculty of CommunicationAssociate Professor of Communication
Oliphant Hall 131
Research into modern public culture, political communication, the mass media, and the history of media.
Published work has focused on the history of election day in the U.S. (especially Philadelphia). Pop culture expressions within Elections- Election night bonfires, bets on elections, election cartoons.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D. – Annenbeig School of Communication, at the University of Pennsylvania
- MA – University of Chicago
- BA – Harvard University
- B Journalism – University of King’s College
Areas of Research Focus
Current Research: History of media (books, newspapers, etc.). in the Western World.
Previous Teaching Experience
- University of Pennsylvania
- Korea Herald Language School (Seoul, South Korea)
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Medicine Hert News, Kingston Whig- Standard
- 1st Century Project on History of the Olympic Games
- Canadian Communication Association