Communication program objectives
Students who complete the undergraduate program will:
- Evaluate and critique abstract categories, and to use these categories in the analysis of empirical data.
- Apply concepts of social science methodology to rigorously critique and compare empirical studies, or to construct one’s own empirical study.
- Effectively use writing to accurately convey one’s own ideas, and to demonstrate the basic ability to think logically and critically, through one’s writing.
- Demonstrate a basic competence in communicating ideas through oral presentations before a group of people.
- Critique visual images with certain fundamental theoretical concepts.
- Think of oneself within a wider social and environmental context, to thoughtfully consider one’s responsibilities to other people and to the world in which one lives, and to take appropriate and ethical actions based upon those considerations.