S. E. Hinton Award Call For Submissions
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Creative Writing Program is seeking submissions for the annual S. E. Hinton Award.
The Faculty of the Creative Writing Program is seeking submissions for the annual S. E. Hinton Award. The Award is meant to “provide scholarships to full-time, undergraduate students who are enrolled in creative writing classes at TU, and this award shall be based on financial need, writing samples, and teacher recommendations.”
- are a full-time, undergraduate student,
- are not a senior,
- can demonstrate financial need,
- have taken one or more Creative Writing courses at TU,
then please consider submitting your work for the S. E. Hinton Award!
Submissions are due on Wednesday, March 13th.
Submit from one genre (maximum 10 pages for poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction; maximum 20 pages for play scripts, screenplays or other performance-based writing) or as many genres as you’d like without exceeding a maximum of 20 pages combined.
In order to apply, you must provide the following:
- Up to 10 pages for poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction; up to 20 pages for play scripts, screenplays or other performance-based writing.
- A cover letter describing what writing means to you.
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member who is NOT a part of the Creative Writing Program (in other words, not Professors G. Jenkins, J. Jensen, C. Nogueira, B. Willis, or M. Wright). The letter should address your attributes as a student.
- Please place your writing and cover letter in Claudia Nogueira’s mailbox in the English Dept. Office in Zink. The letters of recommendation may be sent directly to Claudia Nogueira (email@example.com).
Contact Professor Claudia B. Nogueira: firstname.lastname@example.org