Spanish linguistics, psycholinguistics, bilingualism, language and the law, Argentine history, biography, film studies.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Ph.D., Linguistics, Tel-Aviv University, 1988-1992
- Subject of Doctoral dissertation: Emergent systems of phonology: Child language, creolization, and historical change.
- M.A., English Linguistics, CUM LAUDE, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1985-1987
- Subject of Master thesis: Some universal and idiosyncratic aspects of early phonological and lexical development: Evidence from a trilingual Spanish, Portuguese, and Hebrew speaking child.
- B.A., English Linguistics and French Language & Literature, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1981-1984
Previous Teaching Experience
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Department of Spanish
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, Department of Comparative Studies
- Tel-Aviv University, Department of Foreign Languages
- Linguistic Society of America
- Modern Language Association
- American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
- The Linguistic Association of the Southwest
- International Academy of Linguistic Law
- The International Phonetic Association
- Salzburg Seminar Alumni Organization
- DAAD Alumni Organization