Ms. Olga Randolph
As an educator born and raised in Russia, Olga Randolph is dedicated for life to promoting the love and understanding of Russian language and culture.
In class, Olga employs the affective-semantic approach to teaching language, working under the guidance of Professor Elena Doshlygina. An accelerated learning method, the affective-semantic approach puts each student's unique personality, not language, at the center of the learning process. Language skills are acquired in a friendly, supportive environment, in a state of relaxed concentration where students are encouraged to use the acquired language material to elaborate and resolve real-life situations.
Also a journalist and public relations professional with publications in both English and Russian, Randolph stays abreast of the latest developments in both countries and brings the perspective which easily resonates with present-day college students. Additionally, Olga channels her passion of fostering cross-cultural cooperation through volunteerism, as the Chair of the sister city partnership between Tulsa and Zelenograd, Russia.
Education and Degrees Earned
- M.S. in Strategic Communications, Oklahoma State University
- B.A. (double major) in Russian Studies & Communication, University of Tulsa
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Russian Language, Culture and Civilization
- Strategies of Developing Cross-Cultural Interest and Understanding
- Cultural Differences and Similarities between Russians and Americans
- Place Branding
Previous Relevant Work Experience
- Adjunct Instructor, Russian Language University of Tulsa; August 2010—Present
- Chair Tulsa-Zelenograd Association, Tulsa Global Alliance; May 2008-Present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Oklahoma State University; 2009-2011
- Office Administrator Communiсations Department, City of Tulsa; 2007—2009
- Contributing Writer The Insurer magazine; 2007-2010
- Consultant/Translator, Russian and English; 2004-Present
- Central Association of Russian Teachers of America (CARTA)
- Tulsa Global Alliance (TGA)
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)