Ron L. Jepperson
Ron Jepperson received his education in the social sciences at Stanford, the London School of Economics, and Yale. His scholarly work concentrates on long-term institutional and cultural changes in societies, on belief systems, and on basic theoretical and methodological issues regarding the practice of social science. Jepperson teaches a wide range of courses in these areas as well as various courses on statistics, research methods, and critical thinking. He has taught at the University of Washington and Stanford as well as TU. He has also worked in applied research, consulting, and administrative positions for Recht Hausrath & Associates (Urban Planning & Economics), the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, the Program in Urban Studies at Stanford, the Stanford Program in International Legal Studies, the Institution for Social & Policy Studies at Yale University, and Q2 Consulting in Tulsa. In the latter positions he has worked on a wide range of social and public policy issues.
Education and Degrees Earned
- B.A., Political Science , Stanford, 1976.
- M.Sc., Sociology, London School of Economics, 1980.
- Ph.D., Sociology, Yale, 1992.
Previous Teaching Experience
- Asst. Prof., Sociology, University of Washington (Seattle).
- Asst. Prof., Sociology, Political Science, & Law, Stanford Univ.
- Visiting Professor, European University Institute (Florence, Italy).
- Visiting Professor, Sociology, Univ. of California (Berkeley).