Kimberly has designed scenery for venues across the country, including Orlando Repertory Theatre (FL), Eastman School of Music (NY), Northern Stage (VT), Children’s Theatre Charlotte (NC), Porthouse Theatre (OH), Lyric Theatre (OK),The National Theatre Conservatory (CO), and Theatre by the Sea (RI), Cape Fear Regional Theatre (NC), among others. In her career, she has been the Resident Set Designer for Ocean State Theatre Company’s inaugural season (2012-2013) and also for Ohio Light Opera (2008-2011, 2013) as well the first Design Assistant at The Denver Center Theatre Company (2006-2008). Kimberly has been a freelance scenic artist since 2000, working for such notable LORT theatres as the Cleveland Play House, Hanger Theatre and the Signature Theatre. Additionally, she has worked professionally as a props artisan and master, event designer and coordinator, graphic designer, and exhibit designer. She taught in the Theatre Departments at Coastal Carolina University and Colby College before coming to TU.
She is a proud member of United Scenic Artists, Local 829.
Education and Degrees Earned
- M.F.A. Scenic Design (Kent State University, 2006)
- B.A. Theatre, Minor in Studio Art (Ashland University, 2001)
Previous Teaching Experience
- Visiting Guest Artist in Scenography: Colby College (2012)
- Visiting Guest Artist/Lecturer: Coastal Carolina University (2008-2011)
- Adjunct Instructor: Art Institute of Colorado (2007)
- United Scenic Artists, Local 829