In addition to my teaching experience, I have 17 years’ musical arranging experience, having written over 80 competitive marching band shows for various high schools in Oklahoma, Texas, Illinois, and Georgia. I have also been hired to write wind scores for several university marching bands throughout the United States.
My recent arrangement of Maurice Ravel’s “Le Gibet” from Gaspard de la Nuit will be premiered by the Oklahoma State University Wind Ensemble in April, and I am hopeful that this performance will mark the beginning of my transcribing for more concert ensembles in the future.
Education and Degrees Earned
- Master of Music, Pedagogy and Performance (Wind Conducting Emphasis), Oklahoma State University, 2013
- Bachelor of Music Education, University of Oklahoma, 2004
Previous Teaching Experience
- Piedmont High School – Assistant Director of Bands, 6 years
- Oklahoma State University, Band Graduate Assistant, 2 years
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia National Music Fraternity
- Kappa Kappa Psi National Band Fraternity (Honorary