Lise Glaser has been the primary Adjunct of Oboe at the University of Tulsa since 1994. Some of her former students are currently employed as full-time performing oboists. She is principal oboe of Tulsa's symphony, opera and ballet. She also serves as first oboe for Des Moines Metro Opera in the summers after winning a national audition to secure that position in 2005. She studied with the legendary John Mack at the Cleveland Institute of Music, then with Peter Bowman, principal oboe for the St. Louis Symphony. Lise has premiered many new works for the oboe, including those written by University of Tulsa music faculty. In addition to teaching oboe lessons, she is the faculty coach for the University of Tulsa student woodwind quintet. She is married to composer/organist Eliot Glaser, and her teenage son Nathan is a trumpet player and gymnast.
Education and Degrees Earned
- St. Louis Conservatory of Music, B.M., 1981
- Cleveland Institute of Music, studies towards B.M., 1976-1980
Areas of Academic Specialty
- Oboe, Performance and Instruction
Areas of Research Focus
Previous Teaching Experience
- Master classes at University of Arkansas, Fayetteville and Oklahoma State University
- Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute
- Idyllwild School of Music and the Arts Summer Camp
- Principia College
- Motter's Music School
- Private lesson teacher: 1975-present
Previous Relevant Work Experience
Performances with Los Angeles Philharmonic, Utah Symphony, St. Louis Symphony; orchestral tour to Europe as co-principal oboe with the Utah Symphony involving performances in East and West Germany, Yugoslavia, Austria and Lichtenstein; Los Angeles free-lance musician performing as first oboe with 5 different southern California orchestras including playing concertos live on the radio.
Relevant Pro Bono Work
- Volunteer work for Tulsa Symphony
- world premiere performances of new works by Tulsa area composers, including music professors at the University of Tulsa
- faculty recitals and performances on campus at the University of Tulsa.
- Principal oboe with the Tulsa Symphony, Tulsa Opera, Tulsa Ballet, Tulsa Oratorio Chorus and with the Des Moines Metro Opera.
- Member of the American Federation of Musicians, Local 94.