Music program objectives
Students who complete the undergraduate program will:
- Possess the ability to hear, identify, and work conceptually with the elements of music such as rhythm, melody, harmony, structure, timbre, texture.
- Read and realize musical notation.
- Discuss compositional processes, aesthetic properties of style, and the ways these shape and are shaped by artistic and cultural forces.
- Differentiate between a wide selection of musical literature, the principal eras, genres, and cultural sources.
- Develop and defend musical judgments.