Tulsa Time Overnight Program
Sunday, February 17, 2013, 01:30 PM to Monday 18, 03:00 PM
By design, The University of Tulsa has a highly-personalized admission process. We seek students who demonstrate intellectual promise in a challenging curriculum and are committed to the liberal education reflected in the mission of the university.
TULSA TIME OVERNIGHT PROGRAM
for high school seniors
Sunday, February 17th – Monday, February 18th
Check-in begins on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
The Tulsa Time Overnight Program is a chance to envision yourself at The University of Tulsa. See our beautiful campus firsthand, spend the night in the residence halls with TU students, visit with professors and staff about all aspects of the TU experience, and meet other students who are applying to TU. Discover how our University can meet your individual interests and needs. As our guest, we promise you a program that is both enjoyable and informative!
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Registration - Lorton Performance Center
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Campus Walking Tours, City Bus Tours and Greek Information
- 4:00 – 5:55 p.m. Welcome / Opening Session /Special Sessions /Meet Overnight Hosts
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. University Ambassador Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. TU Student Association Campus Wide Event
- 10:00 p.m. Overnight option with TU students in residence halls
- 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Registration (Day Program Participants) – Allen Chapman Activity Center
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:50 a.m. College Overviews
- 10:00 a.m. – Noon Class Visits, Parent Sessions, Special Sessions (Pre-Med, Pre-Law, Study Abroad, Music, Honors, Athletics and more)
- Noon Lunch with TU Student Panel
- 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Financial Aid & Scholarship Session, National Merit / Presidential Scholar Session, Academic Interest Sessions, and Class Visits
Students must be high school seniors to attend. Parents may attend at no cost but must preregister. You will receive a confirmation with additional details upon receipt of your registration. Overnight registration is now closed.
Tulsa Time participants are encouraged to apply prior to the program. You may apply online at www.utulsa.edu/admission/. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 918-631-2307 or 800-331-3050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students have the option of staying with their parents in their hotel or spending the night in one of our campus housing options hosted by a current TU student. If you would like to stay overnight on campus please check “yes” on your registration form.
- Overnight accommodations cannot be offered to students registering after the deadline.
- Overnighters should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, towel, and personal items.
- A signed liability waiver emergency form is required and will be mailed with confirmation.
If you are traveling by plane without your parents, transportation will be provided to and from campus. A University representative will meet you in the baggage claim area upon your arrival. Please call the admission office with any travel changes or delays.
- A map will be sent with your confirmation, or may be printed from the website at www.utulsa.edu/map/.
- An extensive hotel list, including all major chains, is available online. Ask for the TU rate when booking reservations.
ST LOUIS BUS TRIP
A chartered coach will originate in St. Louis, with a stop in Rolla, for students from mid-Missouri, to bring students to Tulsa Time. Space is limited, and reservations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. Students must indicate on their registration form that they want to participate in the bus trip and enclose a $60 fee that covers transportation and all meals and snacks during the trip. Parents are welcome to ride the bus for a $30 fee if space permits, but will need to arrange their own overnight accommodations and transportation while in Tulsa. Refunds will be granted on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions, please contact Teresa Erker Bont, St. Louis Area Regional Director of Admission at 314-962- 2951, or email@example.com.
THEATRE / MUSICAL THEATRE AUDITIONS
Theatre/Musical Theatre auditions will be held during the Tulsa Time Overnight Programs on Sunday, November 11th and Sunday, February 17th, from 2:00–5:30 p.m. To schedule an audition, please contact the Theatre Department at 918-631-2566. Information about the Theatre/Musical Theatre Department may also be found on our website at www.utulsa.edu/theatre. Students who schedule an audition must have applied for admission.
Office of Admission