Tulsa Time Overnight Program
Sunday, November 10, 2013, 01:30 PM to Monday 11, 03:00 PM
By design, The University of Tulsa has a highly-personalized admission process. We seek students who demonstrate intellectual promise in a challenging curriculum and are committed to the liberal education reflected in the mission of the university
TULSA TIME OVERNIGHT PROGRAM
FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Sunday – Monday, November 10-11, 2013
Tulsa Time Overnight Program is a chance to envision yourself at The University of Tulsa. See our beautiful campus firsthand, spend the night in the residence halls with TU students, visit with professors and staff about all aspects of the TU experience, and meet other students who are applying to TU. Discover how our University can meet your individual interests and needs. As our guest, we promise you a program that is both enjoyable and informative! SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
Sunday, November 10th
All Sunday activities originate at the Lorton Performance Center (#24 on campus map)
Monday, November 11th
- 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. Check-in, Campus Tours (1:30 & 2:30), City Tours (1:30 & 2:30), & Greek Information Session (2:30)
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Welcome & Opening Session
- 4:15 – 5:00 p.m. Overnight Host Match-up (Students)
Meet TU Faculty & Administrators (Parents)
- 5:05 p.m. STUDENTS - TU MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME VS. ORU AT THE REYNOLDS CENTER
- 5:15 p.m. Parent Dinner with Current TU Parents
- 7:30 p.m. TU Student Association All Campus Activity after the game
- 10:00 p.m. Residence hall activities for overnight students
- 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. Presidential Scholar Breakfast (for eligible students and their parents)
(Visit www.utulsa.edu/national-merit for Presidential Scholar Program guidelines)
- 8:30- 9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast in the Colleges
- 9:00 - 9:50 a.m. College Overviews with Faculty
- 10:00 - 11:55 a.m. Class Visits, Parent Sessions, Special Interest & Academic Seminar Sessions (Pre-Med, Pre-Law, Study Abroad, Music, Theatre, Honors, Athletics, and more)
- 12:00 – 12:55 p.m. Lunch with TU Student Panel
- 1:00 – 1:50 p.m. Financial Aid & Scholarship Session, Special Interest &Academic Seminar Sessions & Class Visits
- 2:00 – 2:50 p.m. Campus Tours, Special Tours & Class Visits
- 3:00 p.m. Campus Departure
Registration is required and must be received at least one week prior to the program. Parents may attend at no cost but must preregister. You will receive a confirmation with additional details upon receipt of your registration. Please click here to register online or contact the Office of Admission at 800- 331-3050 or 918-631-2307.
Tulsa Time participants are encouraged to apply prior to the program. You may apply online at www.utulsa.edu/admission/. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admission at 918-631-2307 or 800-331-3050 or email email@example.com. ST. LOUIS OR KANSAS CITY BUS TRIP
Chartered bus trips from St. Louis, with a stop in Rolla, and from Kansas City, are available to bring students to Tulsa Time. Space is limited, and reservations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. Students must indicate on their registration form that they want to participate in a bus trip and enclose a $60 fee that covers transportation and all meals and snacks during the trip. Parents are welcome to ride the bus for a $30 fee if space permits, but will need to arrange their own overnight accommodations and transportation while in Tulsa. Refunds are not available.
If you have questions, please contact Teresa Erker Bont, St. Louis Area Regional Director of Admission at 314-962-2951, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Meghan Neels, Kansas City Area Admission Representative at 918-631-2643, or email@example.com.OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE
Students have the option of staying with their parents in their hotel or spending the night in one of our campus housing options hosted by a current TU student. If you would like to stay overnight on campus please check “yes” on your registration form.
- Overnight accommodations cannot be offered to students registering after the deadline.
- Overnighters should bring a sleeping bag, pillow, towel, and personal items.
- A signed liability waiver emergency form is required and will be mailed with confirmation.
If you are traveling by plane without your parents, transportation will be provided to and from campus. A University representative will meet you in the baggage claim area upon your arrival. Please call the admission office with any travel changes or delays.
Office of Admission