Transfer Students

Transferring to The University of Tulsa

The University of Tulsa welcomes students who wish to transfer from another college or university. Anyone who has taken college coursework after receiving a high school diploma or G.E.D. is considered a transfer student. Experienced transfer admission counselors assist students based on their particular set of circumstances, including returning to college after an extended absence, transferring directly from a two-year college program, changing colleges for personal reasons, or earning a second bachelor’s degree. Note: Former University of Tulsa students who withdrew from the university but did not attend another college or university are considered continuing students and should contact the Office of Registration and Records to be reinstated.

Two-year college students are strongly encouraged to consult with their admission counselor at the onset of their college career. Our admission staff strives to help each transfer student make sound choices, become informed about their options at TU, and understand the transfer admission and financial aid processes.

Transfer students with at least a 3.25 grade point average may be eligible for university-funded academic scholarships. All required academic documents will be taken into consideration. Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships are available for qualifying two-year college transfer students.

Continue to explore this website for details on admission and transfer credit. To request information or arrange a personal interview and tour of campus, call the Office of Admission at 800.331.3050 or 918.631.2307 or email

Follow our Blog