Application Requirements and Deadlines
Transfer students may start either fall or spring semester. Applicants should complete the transfer application for admission by March 1 for fall admission or by November 1 for spring admission for best consideration. Fall applicants who wish to audition for music or theatre should apply no later than February 1.
Notification of admission is made on a rolling basis upon completion of your application file.
Accepted applicants for fall semester should finalize their decision by submitting an “Intent to Enroll” form and a $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit by May 1 for fall admission or December 10 for spring admission.
Documents required to complete your transfer application are:
Transfer application for admission. A form is available from the Office of Admission or students may apply online or use the Transfer Common Application. A personal statement is a required part of the application.
A nonrefundable $50
Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended, including any from which you withdrew before completing the term. If you have attended any institution under another name, please request that your current name be added to the transcript before it is sent. Transcripts from non-accredited institutions should be submitted to provide additional information about your postsecondary education. Transcripts must be mailed from the university attended directly to the Office of Admission, The University of Tulsa, 800 S. Tucker Dr., Tulsa, OK 74104. Hand-delivered transcripts are not considered official.
- An official high school transcript for students who have fewer than 48 semester hours of college credit. If you have a GED, an official record of your scores (not the diploma) must be submitted in addition to a transcript of any high school work completed.
- Official ACT or SAT scores for students who are under age 25 and have fewer than 30 semester hours of college credit. The writing components of these tests are not required. The Office of Admission reserves the right to request additional testing deemed necessary to evaluate the applicant.
- A PRA Verification form and signed and dated copy of the “green card” for Permanent Resident Aliens. NOTE: International students should apply for admission through the Office of International Student Services and may have different requirements.
- A personal interview with an admission counselor is encouraged, but not required.
- Recommendations are not required.
Students seeking need-based financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1.