Facts for National Merit Finalists
University Facts for National Merit Finalists
• Approximately 300 National Merit Scholars are enrolled at TU.
• One out of 10 undergraduate students at TU is a National Merit Scholar.
• The University of Tulsa has one of the highest number of National Merit Scholars per capita in the nation. According to the Chronicle of Higher Education for 2007 The University of Tulsa's freshman class ranked 12th nationally among research universities in the number of National Merit Scholars per capita.
• Two-thirds of the National Merit Scholars enrolled are from states other than Oklahoma.
• The University of Tulsa is the only national doctoral university recognized in the top 100 in Oklahoma by U.S. News & World Report's 2012 edition of America's Best Colleges.
• The TU National Merit Presidential Scholarship package is among the largest for National Merit Finalists sponsored by a private university recognized by U.S. News & World Report's 2012 edition of America's Best Colleges.
To be considered for the TU Presidential Scholarship, a National Merit Finalist must apply and be accepted to The University of Tulsa by February 1st, 2011, submit the Presidential Scholarship Application and Essay by February 15th, 2011, and the National Merit Scholarship Corporation must receive school of choice form indicating TU as school of choice by the first roster deadline (March 1st).
There are many reasons why so many National Merit Scholars choose The University of Tulsa as their school of choice. We hope you will take the time to find out why.